The devastatingly fabulous 112: Jessica, Pen n' Paperflowers Studio & Design
Jessica is a rock star. She is a gifted graphic designer. She designs partyware, gorgeous invitations and original art prints. Her work is one of a kind with fresh and clean lines. Jessica is also ridiculously talented in the party styling arena. She is creative, clever and way crafty. She is a detail freak. She dreams up so many unique, polished and briilliant ideas for her events. This chick has a million ideas and endless talent.
This was an extraordinary week for Jess too-she was just named as a contributor to the dazzling Hostess with the Mostess Empire.
Rock Star. Super Star. Epic crush.
Fascinating Jessica triva:)
• favorite color? It's been pink for years. I've been favoring the "vintage blue" for some time now too. And honestly...I appreciate all colors - I guess because I'm a designer?
• favorite team? The creative "team" behind the genius mind of the Martha Stewart empire.
• if you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? cheesecake.(or peanut butter and chocolate). Or how about a peanut butter & chocolate cheesecake? *wink*
• party trend you are crushing on? hmmm...dessert tables really are my favorite things because it allows for one focal point for all of the party elements/decor to be brought together. Not only are they pleasing to the eye but they are pleasing to the palette - a perfect combination. (and it might also have to do with the fact that I'd eat dessert over an entree any day).
• party trend you are so over? milk bottles with striped straws. (even though it's SO absolutely adorable...it's been way over done).
• favorite aisle in the craft store? It's impossible for me to choose just one aisle...they all scream "girl! get over here right now" to me. I love all things creative so you could find me on EVERY aisle on any given day.
• do you wear Uggs? I've never worn them...however...I just got a pair for Christmas in preparation for my trip to NYC. Don't even know if I like them all that much - the ones I got aren't the trendy suede version. These are full leather which are better for snow so I'm afraid they look more like Santa Claus boots?
• do you really exercise? Yes. But not on a consistent basis and my body is proof of that.
• minivan or non minivan driving? NON-minivan. I'm a minivan snob. I have a complete abhorrence to minivans because I also don't want to get old and I feel minivan = old? I would rather ride a bike.
• favorite holiday? any holiday I can find cute hershey kisses for.
• favorite smell? my favorite perfume: chance by chanel
• do you color your hair? No. My hairdresser "breaks the base" and adds highlights. *wink*
• do you think you’re cool? Yes...I "think" I'm pretty cool. Especially when I'm driving down the road, sunglasses on, sunroof open, jammin' to "Like a G6" or "Bass down Low", singing into my rearview mirror...pretending I'm a rock star. *wink* But of course my kids think otherwise.