Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Sock Snow Dude Tutorial

Adorable + easy craft for home or classroom projects. This cute tute was just featured in the brilliant Bird's Party Holiday Mag . You can make them in any size or color combination.  I used many materials I already had in my stash. If you make some~send pics~I live for that kind of adorableness in my inbox:)

Materials:
White socks (child/youth size)
Poly Fiberfill
Dried Beans (I used Pinto)
Yarn or string for tying and mouth
Pom Poms, Buttons or any embellishments you have on hand
Black gems for eyes
Ribbon or yarn scraps
Purple Glue Gun:) {if you have more time to let them dry, you could certainly use regular craft glue)




Step one: Insert a layer of beans in the bottom of the sock (about an inch high)




Step two: Stuff the fiberfill into the sock on top of the beans. Stuff until the fill reaches the bottom of the ribbed part of the sock. Tightly tie off with a string, cut off ends.


Step three: Fold down ribbed part of sock, and roll up the edges a little to create a “hat.” Use a few dabs of hot glue to secure the hat down.


Step four: Select a piece of ribbon or strands of yarn to make a “scarf” for the snow dude. Locate where you want the neck to be and tie the yarn tightly and knot. Make sure you make the head big enough and leave room to decorate the face.


Step five: Using purple hot glue gun {or craft glue if preferred}, add eyes, nose, mouth, poms and buttons in any kind of colorful combination and design.


Step six: Admire the cuteness you just crafted:)

22 comments :

Unknown said...

Cute!!! I need to make these!

Ebony

Unknown said...

Ridic Adorbs!!! i {heart} them!

Diana Zylstra said...

Too Cute- I'm going to have the kids try and make these at our annual Snowman Party!

Valerie | Top It Off Designs said...

Cuteness!!
I need to make these for my son's xmas playdate! :)
THANK YOU!

Amy said...

Super cute!

Courtney {pizzazzerie} said...

This is so cute!! Kids would love this! Wait...*I* love this. If only Henry didn't steal all my socks.. time I go steal them back...SNOWMAN TIME!

Amanda's Parties TO GO said...

I sooo love these little guys!!!!

Coquelux said...

Me encanta. Una idea preciosa. Besos

Leslie said...

Too stinkin’ cute!

Anonymous said...

I made them into hand warmers... I filled them up with rice insted of beans... When its all done u put it into the microwave for 30 sec... They work great and look so cute...

Heather@ Creative Family Moments said...

I'm in love.

Lissa (Bellenza) said...

It's your fun mix of colors that make these "dudes" really cute!

lovetheday said...

DYING! Will be making these will all our little cousins. So cute Kristy.

Bird said...

I never get tired of seeing these dudes! :)

:) said...

Çok güzeller :)ellerine sağlık

Unknown said...

Adorable. I was completely loving these and will probably do them this winter, but I am linking back tomorrow at www.meaningfulmama.com because it inspired my pumpkin craft project. Thanks for the inspiration.

Kathy said...

Did these with Disabled Adults and they turned out great - thanks so much!
Have a photo, but don't know how to post it...

organizedchickwithcoffee said...

about how long does 1 take to make, I'd love to do these with our daisy troop.

Unknown said...

Love these !!

Anonymous said...

PG‌SUPER‌SLOT‌‌SUPER‌SLOT1234‌PG‌ ‌SLOT‌PG‌SLOT‌PGpgslot488บาคาร่า<สล็อต ฟรีเครดิต ไม่ต้องฝาก ไม่ต้องแชร์ 2020สล็อต เครดิต ฟรี 100 ไม่ ต้อง แชร์ 2019

Martin Fisher said...

What an adorable idea! I definitely want to try making these myself. Bruitly News - Real Life Blog

Monica Dejesus said...

Adorable!I love it.I want to try it now.For More