Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Pug Crushes on the Clown. 32/365 {Jane, Home Made Parties}

Lou and Jane at Home Made Parties

I am loving International Pug Crush Week and I hope you are too! Crushing on a very sweet and funny Australian today:)

Crushing on a serious party girl 32/365: Jane, Home Made Parties

Jane is one amazing Australian party chick. She is always coming up with fabulous new ideas and she is seriously creative. She is sweet and extremely supportive of all of her peers. She is also a Jane of all trades..LOL I just made that up. She adores to plan and style parties, runs a spectacular business that designs boutique children's clothing, she designs gorgeous handmade partyware, she is an entertainer, and she. is. a. clown. -a real life, actual CLOWN. I love this more than anything. As per Jane "I get to go to children's birthday parties - a very happy occasion, and make children even happier." She is simply sunny, funny and just wants to make kids smile. Perfect crush.

Deets:
{blog}
{shop}
{cpn}
{facebook}

Fascinating Jane Trivia:

favorite colour? pink, pink and more sweet, girly, frilly, delicious, lovely pink.

favorite team? Vote 1. The party team. He, he, he, well the short answer is; I don’t really have one. The smarty- pants answer is; our local soccer club of course - “Thistles”. The convoluted response is; Aussies play mostly two codes of footy, and I only really know about AFL, which we don’t hear about that much up here, but I go for the Geelong Cats. If I was in the US, there is a baseball team I would go for, and I have NOT been all over the States, but one of the places I love most over there is the state of Massachusetts, especially Boston, so I would have to say the Red Sox.

if you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? I couldn’t. I love way too many foods, particularly Greek, Indian, Mexican, Japanese, Thai and Italian; variety is the spice of life. But… while we are talking about food, I have an awful confession to make; I actually don’t like candy (we call candy ‘lollies’). Nope, too sweet, sticky and artificially coloured. Whew, glad I got that off my chest, (please don’t judge me).

party trend you are crushing on? I have a few that I’m seeing pop up and a few I would love to see more of; I love frugalicious DIYing. I’m loving this trend of having parties where the children’s activities are as well thought out, planned and presented as the dessert buffet. It's really nice to see the move away from all the licensed commercial characters. I also think it’s so wonderful when parents include children in all stages of the party process; planning, designing, creating and implementing.

party trend you are so over? Plastic water bottles and juice bottles for all the guests; sorry, but it’s a waste of resources really.

favorite aisle in the craft store? The fabric area (especially poly/cotton prints) and the scrap-booking paper aisle. The ribbon aisle is also a visual and textural feast.

do you wear Uggs? Um, are ‘Uggs’, ugg boots? If so I think they are an Aussie invention but I live in the subtropics, and am more of a flip-flops girl (except we call flip-flops ‘thongs’ here). I think flip-flops are less tragic than ugg boots

do you really exercise? I go insane if I don’t go to the gym – I like group fitness classes, especially step.

minivan or non minivan driving? Non mini-van.

favorite holiday? The Christmas lead-up – not necessarily Christmas Day, but more that child-like anticipation of buying and making gifts, planning the food, wrapping presents, carols, Christmas baking/craft and decorating the house. I am smiling just thinking about it.

favorite smell? Cafes at breakfast time.

do you colour your hair? Oooh, funny, NO, I’m too low maintenance EXCEPT my mum and I went shopping yesterday and bought a home hair colour kit – we haven’t put it in my hair yet, but I’m visiting her again next week, so maybe then.

do you think you’re cool? Yes. But my daughter is starting to question that status.


7 comments :

Bird said...

OMG! I think we're twins!! :D

I also love all those foods, pink and thongs!!! (The foot kind..) I live in them!!

Great interview!
XOXO
Bird

Lili said...

i just love Jane!

Tini Posh said...

I LOVE Jane! Super SWEET and SUPPORTIVE!! Her interview made me smile : )

Piggy Bank Parties said...

Jane IS Super Kool and an absolute sweetheart!

333! 333! 333! Today you're a triple threat, Miss Glittery Purple Pug!

Hatter and Hare Events said...

I have to echo everyone's sentiments about this amazing party girl...so creative and supportive. Jane - great job keeping things fun on your side of the pond!

Jane said...

Oh, thanks gals - everyone told me I was 'too nice' to be in business! I say there is no such thing as too nice! You are all super dooper fab, and do such a wonderful job representing the industry! Humbled to be in your presence:)

Cari @ Socially Circled said...

I LOVE Jane! So adorable, so creative, so genuine, so supportive and so kind! Loved learning more about you, Jane!