Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pug Crush Sweet 16/365 {Jen, Second City Soiree}


Second day of November. Perfect day to crush on Second City Soirée. Get it? LOL!

Sweet 16/365 crush: Jen, Second City Soirée

Jen is simply a home entertaining genius. She offers advice, ideas, tips and inspiration for all types of occasions and all skill levels. She considers the seemingly simple task of "having people over" a fine art. She has an extraordinary skill set and a wealth of knowledge about all things entertaining. She's the real deal-io. She's sophistcated, clever and seriously charming. And, she could give a "fig" about exercising. LOL. They don't come much cooler than that. Totally crushing on the Second City Soirée Chick.

Deets:
{site}
{blog}
{cpn}
{twitter}
{facebook}

Fascinating Facts about Jen:

• favorite color? Despite what one might think after visiting the (very pink) SecondCitySoiree.com, my favorite color is red.


• favorite team? I'm not a huge fan of any one team, but I'll doggedly support any Chicago team!

• if you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? The thought of that makes me want to cry, because there's so much food I enjoy. But if I had to repeat one meal over and over it would be French bread, good cheese, pinot noir, and some dark chocolate. Oh, and a slice of foie gras for protein. I'm nothing if not practical.

• party trend you are crushing on? I don't know that this a "trend" per se, but I always appreciate a food pairing party where the flavor profiles of food and beverage are taken into account (for instance, the beer pairing party I featured on Second City Soiree). It's much easier to accomplish than it sounds, with just a little research.

• party trend you are so over? I'm getting dessert-table fatigue, to be honest. I know a lot of people will disagree with me...

• favorite aisle in the craft store? The paper aisle. I like to brainstorm ways to reappropriate the papers and baubles. Over the summer I made some cute coasters for a Nantucket themed party, using scrapbooking stickers and coordinating papers.

• do you wear Uggs? Begrudgingly. I know they're out of fashion, but the Uggs with snow tread are the best boots I've found for navigating the often unshoveled sidewalks on my block.

• do you really exercise? I could give a fig about exercising, BUT I'm religious about working with my pilates trainer once a week. It's warded off the herniated discs I used to be so susceptible to. Besides that, I take horseback riding lessons, and every now and then go to bikram yoga or a dance class. For me, doing activities where exercise is a byproduct has been much more effective than, say, sweating it out on a treadmill.

• minivan or non minivan driving? I do not have a mini-van, although I do have a MINI Cooper. :) I don't drive very much, though. I usually walk, take a cab, or public transportation.

• favorite holiday? Christmas!

• favorite smell? In the air: burning leaves. On me: Chanel No. 22.

• do you color your hair? Only my colorist knows for sure. :)

• do you think you’re cool? I try to aim for "charming". If I hit "cool", so much the better.



5 comments :

Michelle@Everyday Celebrating said...

Love love Jen! You hit it on the head.. she's the real dealio. And so much fun in person! Side note: Jealous of her living in Chicago. LOL

Jill {peasandthankyous} said...

Jen is new to me! I'm off to see what I'm missing!!

Piggy Bank Parties said...

Super Kool Chicago Chic! It's amazing how many Super Kool Chics live in Chicagoland! {wink!}

349 to go, Miss Puggy!

A Blissful Nest said...

Sounds like a super cool chick to me!

The Party Muse said...

I'm already a fan, and now I'm a bigger fan, she's so cool : )