Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pug Crush Sweet 16/365 {Jen, Second City Soiree}


Second day of November. Perfect day to crush on Second City Soirée. Get it? LOL!

Sweet 16/365 crush: Jen, Second City Soirée

Jen is simply a home entertaining genius. She offers advice, ideas, tips and inspiration for all types of occasions and all skill levels. She considers the seemingly simple task of "having people over" a fine art. She has an extraordinary skill set and a wealth of knowledge about all things entertaining. She's the real deal-io. She's sophistcated, clever and seriously charming. And, she could give a "fig" about exercising. LOL. They don't come much cooler than that. Totally crushing on the Second City Soirée Chick.

Deets:
{site}
{blog}
{cpn}
{twitter}
{facebook}

Fascinating Facts about Jen:

• favorite color? Despite what one might think after visiting the (very pink) SecondCitySoiree.com, my favorite color is red.


• favorite team? I'm not a huge fan of any one team, but I'll doggedly support any Chicago team!

• if you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? The thought of that makes me want to cry, because there's so much food I enjoy. But if I had to repeat one meal over and over it would be French bread, good cheese, pinot noir, and some dark chocolate. Oh, and a slice of foie gras for protein. I'm nothing if not practical.

• party trend you are crushing on? I don't know that this a "trend" per se, but I always appreciate a food pairing party where the flavor profiles of food and beverage are taken into account (for instance, the beer pairing party I featured on Second City Soiree). It's much easier to accomplish than it sounds, with just a little research.

• party trend you are so over? I'm getting dessert-table fatigue, to be honest. I know a lot of people will disagree with me...

• favorite aisle in the craft store? The paper aisle. I like to brainstorm ways to reappropriate the papers and baubles. Over the summer I made some cute coasters for a Nantucket themed party, using scrapbooking stickers and coordinating papers.

• do you wear Uggs? Begrudgingly. I know they're out of fashion, but the Uggs with snow tread are the best boots I've found for navigating the often unshoveled sidewalks on my block.

• do you really exercise? I could give a fig about exercising, BUT I'm religious about working with my pilates trainer once a week. It's warded off the herniated discs I used to be so susceptible to. Besides that, I take horseback riding lessons, and every now and then go to bikram yoga or a dance class. For me, doing activities where exercise is a byproduct has been much more effective than, say, sweating it out on a treadmill.

• minivan or non minivan driving? I do not have a mini-van, although I do have a MINI Cooper. :) I don't drive very much, though. I usually walk, take a cab, or public transportation.

• favorite holiday? Christmas!

• favorite smell? In the air: burning leaves. On me: Chanel No. 22.

• do you color your hair? Only my colorist knows for sure. :)

• do you think you’re cool? I try to aim for "charming". If I hit "cool", so much the better.



5 comments :

Michelle@Everyday Celebrating said...

Love love Jen! You hit it on the head.. she's the real dealio. And so much fun in person! Side note: Jealous of her living in Chicago. LOL

Anonymous said...

Jen is new to me! I'm off to see what I'm missing!!

Piggy Bank Parties said...

Super Kool Chicago Chic! It's amazing how many Super Kool Chics live in Chicagoland! {wink!}

349 to go, Miss Puggy!

A Blissful Nest said...

Sounds like a super cool chick to me!

The Party Muse said...

I'm already a fan, and now I'm a bigger fan, she's so cool : )