Thursday, January 6, 2011

Insane Crush Thursday. Feeling great with 78. {Kendra, My Insanity}


Pug crushing on the insanely creative today. 78/365: Kendra, My Insanity

Kendra is the chick with a million fabulous ideas. She is beyond creative, crafty and way clever. Her blog provides unique inspiration for party planning, decorating, crafting, and DIYing. She is an amazing party stylist. She's sweet, sunny and a smartie. Like, wicked smart. She's a former middle school teacher, and a current music/voice teacher. She's been--a model, actress, and singer, and floral designer. She's visited four continents and she speaks several languages...Ummmm..I think I can see where she gets her insane amount of ideas. She's a rockstar. Crushing  hard on this clever and charming chick.

Deets:
{blog}
{cpn}
{twitter}
{facebook}
{blogfrog}

Fascinating facts about Kendra:)

• favorite color?
Historically, it has always been blue. But now that I'm older, I'm realizing that I haven't met a color I didn't like in the right context. (There may, however, be certain shades of some colors that I don't like.)

• favorite team?
Uh.....um.......Phoenix Suns? I have not followed any team closely for a long time. I was really excited about the Suns back in '93, but that was many players and coaches ago (and it makes me sound old). Don't ask me who's currently on their roster. I'm an embarrassment of a Phoenician.

• if you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Ooooo....Tough question! Especially for me, because I'm the kind of gal that hates to order the same thing twice! I always love to try new things. Maybe ice cream, if we could pretend that it would be healthy and full of vitamins, so I would feel great after eating it!

• party trend you are crushing on?
Fun photobooths and/or photo ops. You can adapt them for most every kind of party. I love the one where you build a fake wall with frames in it and put your faces in the frames. Plus they help document the people at the party and can serve double duty as thank you cards.

• party trend you are so over?
Putting a picture of whatever the theme of the party is all over every food item and decoration at the party. I'd rather create an atmosphere that feels like the theme, than just declare the theme by having its' picture everywhere.

• favorite aisle in the craft store?
I get lost in them all! Maybe holiday decorations? I know...CLEARANCE holiday decorations!

• do you wear Uggs?
Never have. Probably would if I lived in a climate where they wouldn't make me sweat. And if I found them on CLEARANCE! (Notice a pattern?)

• do you really exercise?
Yes. I mean...I ordered some work-out shorts that I'm really planning to use...once the weather is cool enough/I get through the next party I am planning/I make it through the holidays/the baby takes longer naps. You, know...soon. Does bouncing the baby on my lap while blogging count?

• minivan or non minivan driving?
I'm a minivan mama! Carpools and all!

• favorite holiday?
Christmas. Although I think I enjoyed it more before I was the Mom and the entire responsibility for this holiday fell on me! Thanksgiving is actually high on the list, too. I don't think it gets enough publicity.

• favorite smell?
I'm going with citrus, although there are many others I like as well. Nothing like the smell of fresh squeezed orange juice or lemon zest!

• do you color your hair?
Some of them--when I can't handle the gray anymore. I wish I had the time and money to do it more often and maybe more interestingly.

• do you think you’re cool?
Of course I'm cool! I'm on the Purple Pug's 365 days of creative coolness! If I wasn't cool before, I certainly am now!

...But wait...I drive a minivan. How does that work?

1 comment :

testing 1 said...

Love me some Kendra (and the Bunny one!!); she is a party rockstar and I don't know how she does it with a clan-worth of children.

We should give her a Native American name like 'She Who Gets Much Done On No Sleep'...I like that!