Monday, May 3, 2010

black.white.beauty.butch.trying to balance it all in a snazzy little wreath.



Griffin's Monster Jam is seriously right around the corner...I am working on quite a few different orders and projects as well. Juggling to say the least, but so much adventure and fun! I whipped up this rockin' wreath to greet the guests at the Monster Jam Dirtfest. I will be using black and white harlequin and checkerboard accents throughout the party. I was totally inspired by a tutorial on The Long Thread, you can see here. I modified a little and used two different solid colored ribbon and one patterned ribbon. I topped it off with a butch little tire for the "men."

Super easy project, BUT, do as I say and not as I do..DO NOT use satin ribbon....I bought the satin ribbon in black and white and had all these dreamy, romantic notions about how gorgeous it would look. The harlequin ribbon is a little thinner width and grosgrain...Satin ribbon is a tough nut, my friends...It frays, I cut it, it frays again. I am not going to go through the torture of sealing the ends of these ribbons, so I will be giving this wreath little haircuts from now until May 23rd, cutting off the fraying fuzz..Please make one, and use grosgrain!

I think this wreath is the perfect way to welcome our guests to the Crush Fest....A combination of beauty and butch. I'm just a purple lovin' party Mama trying to balance it all:)


2 comments :

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

I really dig it!

Kristy {the purple pug} said...

Thanks! The ribbon remnants are all over the joint...LOL!