Thursday, May 6, 2010

dirty little tires in a tree...





Okay, they are not really DIRTY tires, but it sounded more dramatic....Here is a super top secret peek at one of the elements I am working on for the Monster Jam Dirtfest. I have tied these little tires to this silver wire tree with twine. Looks tough, but with a bit of tenderness...LOL! Trying very hard to keep the balance or macho and marvelous....I love it because it is so unexpected and just interesting and funny to gaze upon. This wire tree was a Homegoods find. It was originally in a shabby, distressed cream color and on top of that, the paint was chipping pretty badly. Extreme shabbiness. I took care of that with a few coats of spray paint and I think it is a jazzy little tree-perfect size and way versatile.

If you look closely, you will see this is the very same tree I used for my Rock Candy Chandelier presentation at the Super Grover Rave...Mama is resourceful and loooooves to reuse and recycle the stuff she makes...

Back to work over here....

3 comments :

The Coons Family said...

I loved seeing your "dirty tires" on here. I've been collecting random toy tires for awhile for my son's Cars themed bday party this summer. It's at a park which he calls the "Broken Tire Park" (because of the tire swings-if they aren't on a car, they are broken to him!) So, I'm hoping to use "broken tires" all around and with the invites! :) Anyway-very cute. Looking forward to seeing the rest!

Ashley said...

Love this, Kristy! So fun!

Kristy {the purple pug} said...

Thanks-I sooo wish I had starting collecting stuff sooner. Now I am like a hot mess trying to find tires everywhere..LOL! Your son's party sounds fabulous! Can't wait to see your pictures:)

Ashley~~~How are you?! Popped on over and saw your sweet little lady. Congratulations. What a beautiful family.