Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Patchwork Elephant & Pom Pom Garland

The Patchwork Elephant Design
Ribbon Chandelier, Pom Pom Garland
Cupcake Toppers, Bookmark, Jar Labels

handmade patchwork elephant
centerpiece flag





hand glittered elephant cupcake toppers


patchwork elephant
party favor bags








I love the idea of giving a book and a handmade
bookmark as a party favor. Very special indeed.






Easiest idea ever. Hot glue theme coordinating
pom poms around your containers, centerpieces, pails




You'll be seeing a lot more of these. I plan on
making new ones every ten minutes or so. LOL!




I seriously love elephants. Gray, pink, blue or patchwork. Any and all bring a TON of happiness to me. LOL! I also love to read to my children. I don't like to play trains or cars or dinosaurs, but I do cherish snuggling up with them to read stories. Elmer the Elephant is one of our favorite stories-ever. It is funny, colorful and it has a universal message that it is way okay to be a different. My patchwork Elephant design was inspired by my boys' mad love for this jokester elephant.

I also have an unending love for pom poms. I wish I had the time and talent to make them from scratch. I have all the pom pom winding tools and plenty of yarn, but I never find them time to figure out how to make an old school pom pom. Craft poms will always do and I try to find unique ways to use them in my designs. I think they are often overlooked and I feel sorry for them..LOL! I have hot glued them around the base of my beloved tin pails and I think they make an amazing presentation.

I have been trapped inside today due to an impending snowstorm, and had some free time, so I whipped up this snazzy little Pom Pom Garland. Vibrant, craft-store poms strung together. This is such a simple project with big impact. Oh, and I also have a huge crush on crazy ribbon. Love to mix and match widths, textures, patterns and colors. I tied ribbon scraps in between poms for even more fabulous, fluffy fun. Super easy.

Lesson of my day.. Dare to be different:) Be you an elephant or a crafty Mama.

5 comments :

Vera D. said...

Super cute!!!

Kristy {the purple pug} said...

Thank you! I am in love with him..LOL!

TLF said...

LOVE the colors!

B said...

This looks amazing! I am looking at an Elmer theme for my daughter's first birthday party in December - do you sell these things???

Unknown said...

I love this!!