Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Supa Fly Gavin Rave...

My sweet baboo, Gavin, turned 6 this week.  Gavin adores the Fly Guy series of books by the amazing Tedd Arnold. Every week Gavin brings home a new Fly Guy book from his library day at Kindergarten. So sweet. Nothing I could think of more perfect than a Fly Gavin Rave for my little chimp. Of course, I had to make most of the items because there aren't many dirty fly decor items readily available for purchase . LOL. I added regular old dirty houseflies, fly swatters and garbage cans into the mix as well...It was such a fun & filthy day for our boy and his besties.

Handmade is my game. Some interesting deets..I used gray throughout this party as my neutral. I dig gray.
I also tried to echo the iridescence of a fly's wings throughout. I bought lots of iridescent cellophane and fabric to craft and cover with. It was interesting, sparkling and beautiful. I also used a bit of my beautiful carnival glass collection.

I used lots of crazy, mismatched ribbons and trim... I adore the fresh and fun feel of wild and chaotic decor.

I also became besties with the underappreciated coffee filter..LOL!

Totally different and shocking-I did not have a dessert table...I displayed my desserts on both of the dining tables. I displayed them as mirror images of each other. The kids were beyond excited about it. It was intimate and charming and just so old school. I loved it and so did the guests.

I featured a Treats and Trinkets Favor Table. The little chimps filled their own favor buckets and they were so stoked and excited when it they found out they were able to fill their own buckets! It was so cute..And I learned that most kids choose red for anything and everything...LOL!

Enjoy the pics. It was an amazing day. I love my Supa Fly Little Guy to the moon and back:)


handmade invitation for hip + tiny raves


I dig gray.
Fly Guy trapped in a colorful garland
of ric rac, pom trim, ribbon and felt.


Buzzzzzzing around handmade paper flowers.


 handmade paper flowers with layers
of iridescent cello mixed in to
echo a fly's wings.



custom knock knock birthday sign
by the dazzling Knock Knock Factory




hand dyed coffee filter flowers in galvanized garbage cans
served as the centerpieces. With buzzing
flies above of course.




glitta:)



custom Knock Knock Factory Sign


hand painted and glittered fly swatters;)


I glittered the edges of the coffee filter flowers

two dining tables for the kids


prizes for the games





spoons with fly swatter covers




I affixed crazy trims and flies
to each napkin setting





dining tables

special guest from Cali




 Wow. Could I possibly have taken any more
pics of the dining tables? LOL.



I like this pic...LOL


real kids eating lunch:)


whole lotta boys...


activity, game and playstation room


pool table, ping pong tables, games


wii and xbox area


books


peace.
Keep the fly on the fly swatter, one arm behind your back

and race..Everyone wins:)


Fly Vision craft.

Really a kaleidescope;)

party favor for the Mamas.


Treats and Trinkets Favor Table.
Idea I saw and ripped off from the
charming & talented Jennifer-Posh Tot Events










lollipops I wrapped in tissue then
the iridescent cellophane.



Fly Gavin in his
Birthday Finest:)


The kid is Supa Fly


Supa Fly & Cute


Dessert time:)


Carvel ice cream cups, cake pops,
cookies, jellybeans and cake push ups
were on each table-family style.LOL


cake balls by Terri's Party Treasures.
OMCB
Oh My Cake Balls








 Glittered fly swatter cookies?
Check.
The Dazzling Sara~Dandy Delights


Mini Kandy Kones with
Jelly Belly beans.
Do I need to tell you who made these
ridiculously adorable and covered
in flies and glitter kones?


Superchick is Supa Fly




I tie dyed coffee filters and fashioned them
into couture covers for my Carvel cups..
Come on, you know that's funny:)



Special Fly Guy cookie by Dandy Delights.
Cake by Mama:)


I made my sweet baboo
his own special cake~
covered with flies:) 

Def one of my fave projects.


No comment.








birthday wishes for the boy.


true love.


the original fly guy


Glittery junk by me:)

Special thanks to my party posse. I know I am a demanding, picky and insane client. You ladies all did such an extraordinary job and made my chimp's birthday so special. xo

Custom Door Sign {The Knock Knock Factory}
Mini Kandy Kones {Posh Party Pretties}
Cookies {Dandy Delights}
Custom Fly Guy Shirt {Peanut & Pumpkin}




51 comments :

Unknown said...

you made your super fly SO super cute!

J. At Your Service said...

Awesome and DEFINITELY unique! I've always loved how you use primary colors, even in the NYE challenge. That's my next mission! I'm in LOVE with your garland. Amazing work, as usual!

Brittany Schwaigert said...

ooooooommmmmmggggg...I LOVE IT!! So many thoughtful, creative details, and obviously made with love. You knocked it out of the park lady! Fabulous!

dandy said...

YOU are the bomb diggity!!!! Awesome party!

Melissa C said...

I love everything about this party! You did an amazing job & your son is adorable!
Love the desserts & the way you set them up.

Frog Prince Paperie said...

Fabulous and wildly creative!

Craft That Party said...

This party is SO flytastic! Love is in the details and there are so many great ones here. I love the favor table, makes me want to grab a bucket and fill it!

Heather - Chickabug said...

SUPER amazing work, Kristy! So many details - so obviously done with love. : ) It made me laugh that even the cookies are glittery!! ; )

Laura - Eye Candy Creative Studio said...

kristy girl you "swatted" this one outta here! lol Seriously girl - this is so stinkin adorable. You know I am a detail freak & all your little touches just added to the love we have when designing for our kids! So special & something he will never forget! =)

Piggy Bank Parties said...

The pug has wings today! You're such a "Fly Girl!" L.O.V.E.!!!

Talia Rogers, MBA, PBC™ of Luxe. Event Design, LLC said...

This is such a WINDERFUL party and the fact that you made FLIES HOTTT!!! GEESH! :-) Too sweeeeettt!

Michele @ crazyfordesign said...

So great. Details are awesome! It really was supa fly!

CHS Creative Productions Blog said...

Fabulous!!! Loved all the colors and glitter everywhere. Great Job!!!

Kristin- Stampin' Fanatic! said...

Amazing!! Everything you touch turns to glitta ;)

Unknown said...

This is FANTASTIC!!!!!! L-O-V-E!

Southern Belles Charm said...

Seriously - AWESOME! Gavin is so lucky to have a mama that knows him so well. Great job!

Adriana said...

Awesome party, I love all the details, you are so creative!

Unknown said...

Only you could make flies so glam!! Great job, pugster. Love your sons birthday party!! xo

Terri said...

OK< R U kidding me! Wowzers!! I never was able to say the napkins blew me away before, you rocked this!!

Mayra Rivera said...

Awesome! How fun...Happy Birthday to Gavin!

Unknown said...

love it lady!!! such an original party theme!!!

Malu Boutiques said...

Awesome and DEFINITELY unique! You did a FLYtastic job!! I love everything, all the little details, glitter, and ideas. I can not find the words to express was a kick*** job you did. Your son looks so outrageously happy. You should feel proud. xo

Anonymous said...

OMG Kristy what can one even say about this??? You threw the most awesome party and and it was glittery and covered in flies, only you could do that!! The pictures are amazing!!

AmyD said...

What an awesome birthday celebration. And I love the "fly" idea - I have never heard of the books. I love the bright colors and shiny details. Very fun!

The Party Muse said...

You can do ANYTHING! I have no words...you can do anything, AMAZING!

Unknown said...

Wow what an amazing job you did for planning his party!

Cupcakes and Lemonade said...

You have a knack for making the most different and original themes SO COOL! This is awesome. Who would have ever thought that flies could look so hip! LOVE it!

Ingrid said...

How original and unique! Love every last detail!

Lili said...

kristy, seriously? this is INCREDIBLE!

Tini Posh said...

OMG!! It really is a SUPER FLY party!! LOVE everything..every detail is perfect! Your lil fly guy looks super cute and HAPPY! He has an amazing mama..so so special and unique!

Ellia C. Naturals said...

Such a unique inspiration...love it! And the hand died coffee filter flowers are super cute :)

jamie@giggledustparties said...

AMAZING job Kristy! I am sure that Gavin loved it! I never would have thought that flies and glitter would work together so well :-)

Lynlee's Petite Cakes said...

Absolutely amazing, Kristy! What a unique, original and adorable party! Suga, suga, how you get so fly?! ;)

Pink Laundry Events said...

Totally Awesome :)

LilBuckarooDesigns said...

This turned out adorable!!! Very creative!! My favorite is how you used garbage cans for the centerpieces. Also love the pix of the party hat, fly cookie and cake of love made by your adorable birthday boy's momma! Great job!

Unknown said...

Seriously, I don't even know where to start. I love this party so much. It is so fresh and unique. I love all the details. I love that you did the treats and trinkets buffet ;-). I ADORE this party. Great job and thanks for sharing!

Kori Clark said...

WOW doesn't even start to describe it!! Who knew flies could be so flippin cute and glittery?? You really made this one AMAZING day for your little chimp and it looks like the kids loved it! Your birthday boy is so sweet! Happy Birthday to him and an amazing job by his SUPER AMAZING MAMA!

Bird said...

That is sooo cool!! How can anyone manage to make flies cute?!!! Only you!! :)

Glitta is the answer?!! LOVE all the party treats!! LOVED the galvanized stuff!! Love flies!! Who knew?!! :D

Chrissie@party paper scissors said...

Oh my goodness!!!! This party is amazing! The attention you paid to the itty bitty details is unbelievable! Very, very creative! You are so talented and an inspiration!!

Natalia said...

you know how I feel about this party and your talent:)

you are pure awesomeness!

Home Confetti said...

WOW WOW--I think you may have seriously started a new party trend! Will def be one of my "Merry Monday" party features! a true labor of love!
RM, Home Confetti

Pink Peppermint Paper said...

LOVE the way it all turned out. How fun! My faves are Fly Gavin's party hat, the glitter detail on the fly swatters, and I am LOVING the mini candy cones with the flies. Awesome!

Eleanor

Unknown said...

Wow wow WOW! I'm always so impressed with what you do. You are such a creative force and it always amazes me to see what you come up with. BRILLIANT! Will you add your photos to our site so I can show your party (and you) off? You are such an inspiration!!

www.gallamorewest.com said...

WOW!! I never could've even imagined a "fly" party being cute, but it is AMAZING! I have 3 little guys myself, so as a momma of boys I'm seriously loving this!!

Shelley@DivinePartyConcepts said...

WOW!!! What a great party!

Chris @ Celebrations At Home said...

OMG! This is beyond words! So INCREDIBLY CREATIVE, Kristy!! You are amazing lady!

Delovely Designs said...

Oh.Em.Gee! SO, so, so cute! Love it all and love the fact that you were able to make even flies supa-dupa-cute! I'll bet your Gavin LOVED it and it looks like he and his friends had an amazing time. Such a unique theme with creative, detailed touches, you didn't miss.a.thing. Totally perfect and ridiculously fun!

Unknown said...

Sorry I'm late to the party! Right now I'm taking a breather at Starbucks on a Saturday morning and have to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute looking through your "Fly Gavin" party pics!!! Kristy, we all know you are incredibly talented, but I'm blown away by the creativity, craftiness and fun you created for Gavin and his friends! Incredible! I hope you plan to share this with Tedd Arnold... he would be blown away with Gavin's awesome party! BTW... love glittery fly eyes and the Cali party crasher!! :)

Unknown said...

What a CUTE party Kristy! LOVE IT!!

Tiffany @ Iffy Scraps said...

That was AMAZING! It turned out beautifully! So creative and fun.

Anonymous said...

hello,
Where did you buy your iridescent cellophane?
Please