Sunday, March 25, 2012

It's on like Donkey Kong...


So. My little chimp decided his birthday theme this year should be Donkey Kong. Who am I to deny my little dude giddy birthday happiness? Donkey Kong it is. He fell hard for the character plates from the Birthday Express catalog-so those are my starting point for this Ape-ril Rave...My kids always sweat the characters. This year, I am challenging myself to use licensed items to create a Donkey Kong vibe without me actually recreating Donkey Kong on my partyware designs or using a printable.

I hope you will join me on this little, banana scented adventure:)

Up first, the invite. Totally inspired by this fabulous little find here. I changed it up a tiny bit and added banana scent to the felt + stock. Bananas, no?





9 comments :

Tiffany@Fizzy Party! said...

Scented invites, I LOVE it! Makes me want to spritz all my invites with some perfume :) LOVE the idea Pug!

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

You are bananas!! It will be another epic party for sure!!!

Tish said...

Super cute...

elissa @ one stone events said...

love it! and scented? aaahhhh! i can't stand it! perfect!

Fowl Single File said...

Fabulous! Great idea to add an appropriately-themed scent!!

Nichcole said...

First off LOVE it, I saw the same invite and was hooked!!! May I ask where you found the banana scent and what size are the kraft brown envelopes and where did you find those also? Thanks a million, I mean a BUNCH...LOL

Lissa (Bellenza) said...

Saw this shared on Facebook. Had to drop by for a closer look...really cute and creative!

Anonymous said...

These are adorable!! Where did you find the banana scent?? Danyalerushing@yahoo.com

lissette said...

hello please let me know how you did the invitations and added the banana scent to them I would be so much greatful to you were doing my sons birthday donkey kong theme