Thursday, June 23, 2011

On my radar: The Unexpected Charm + Dazzle of Crochet

Welcome to the wicked cool series on my blog called "On my Radar." Basically, I will be featuring stuff and ideas that I think are devastatingly hip and happening:)

No doubt, I adore yarn. I have seen yarn steadily make appearances in parties, weddings and showers. Love.  The old school art of crochet is definitely on my radar. I am enamored to see such a classic idea and skill translated into something current, unique and seriously charming. Crochet on the party scene? I am one smitten kitten with a ball of crocheted yarn:)




Crocheted Bunting with Yarn Tassels
Seriously the most fabulous bunting. Ever.
{by the dazzling & extraordinary Rett G}

The charm of crochet cupcake topper


Way beyond cute crocheted party hat
{by the talented Heather's Treasure Box}

Party favors I made for a School is Cool Rave
{brilliant bookworm bookmarks by Yarn Freak}


Crocheted Frida flowers clips attached to favor bags.
Genius.
{via the clever and crafty Eclectic Chica}


Hello, fabulosity.
{via the always amazing Craft Gossip}

Beautiful + Brilliant
{the seriously talented sarahndipities}





7 comments :

Anonymous said...

loving this! Jes

Cari @ Socially Circled said...

IN LOVE with the cupcake toppers and bunting! FAB!!

Cari @ Socially Circled said...

Truth be told...pretty much obsessed with all of it!

Tini Posh said...

Love everything..but the toppers and Frida flower clips are my fave!

Natalie {little shindigs} said...

as one cool cat would say- LOVE & ADORE :)

Lissa (Bellenza) said...

Oh my, these are seriously CUTE! Thanks for the great roundup. :-)

Sarah @ Sarahndipities said...

Thanks so much for including me in your wonderful round-up!! I've added your button to my featured on page!

~ Sarah