Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Rock Candy Chandy Tute



Roses are red.
Rock candy is cute.
I should be cleaning,
But I am eating lots of sugar + writing this tute:)

Enjoy this sweet + simple tutorial.
Disclaimer: The candy is for adorable presentation. Don't eat it-it has glue on it:)


Stuff you need:
Rock candy on strings
Assorted ribbon
Floral wire picks
Purple Hot Glue Gun
Scissors
Display stand or tree




Homegoods purchase that I spray painted silver

cut rock candy strings into desired lengths 

cut wire picks into 2-3 inch pieces bend a hook at end

make sure glue gun is very hot, it should burn/melt the candy
I add glue until the candy cracks and melts a tiny bit, then insert hook
let cool for about 15 minutes

add ribbon and hang




Another option-just use rock candy sticks and hang with ribbon


Another candy chandelier idea courtesy
of the sparkling Shawna Brockmeier



6 comments :

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

I saw rock candy at Dollar Tree the other day and thought of your chandy :)


Love the pink cabana one too!!!

Unknown said...

I wonder if I can install this in the laundry room - I've been looking for a new chandy!!
Love the tute and epic poem!

Tiffany@Fizzy Party! said...

Such a cute little tute. Those rock candy chandys are quite eye catching.

Natalie said...

What a great idea for a dessert table! I love how you can just take the ornaments right off and eat them.

Lissa (Bellenza) said...

Great party idea! And come to think of it, rock candy does kinda glitter, right???

Georgie Horn said...

this is great!