Tuesday, June 1, 2010

donuts are the new cupcake



Working on a ridiculous amount of shiny new designs. Nothing makes The Purple One happier:) Here's a sneak peek at one of them...The Rainbow Sprinkled Donut. This design will be available in the shop very soon.

I have serious donut love. I just served up a sweet bunch at the Monster Jam. I was wicked sick when I was pregnant and one of the only things I could eat was jelly donuts... and Orangina..LOL! Luckily, the genetic code for donut love was passed from me to my little cherubs. They adore donuts and I decided it was time to design a party theme around them. Perfect, of course, for a donut theme, Simpsons theme, bakery party or even a Little Police Officer theme. Cuteness with a hole in the middle:)


7 comments :

Kim @ Frost Me! said...

love it! and donuts do seem to be the new cupcake this season! I love the sparkly sprinkles! ...though I am a sucker for a chocolate glazed donut ;o)

hugs!
Kim @ Frost Me!

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

so cute! I love the sprinkles :)
& my kids would too!!

Susan Crabtree said...

very cute & everyone loves a donut!

The Bakers said...

hi! i'm a fan of your blog (you made my friend's baby shower purple "S" cupcake toppers). how do you get your dotted borders so perfect each time in all different shapes? i just started embossing my hand made cards and can never get it perfect like yours! thanks!

The Purple Pug said...

Thanks! Very excited about the donut line...
Kim, yes, there is a chocolate one for you too:)

The Bakers- Do you mean how I create the dots, or how they get cut out? Email me and I will help in any way I can:)

Candy and Cake said...

I do believe you started a new party trend, Kristy! I have seen donuts making an appearance in parties after you posted your son's monster jam party!

Tiffany@Fizzy Party said...

The sparkly sprinkles on the donuts make me wanna eat it :) hee hee adorable