Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Buckets of Inspiration Tuesday. Super Fab & Fine 129 {Melissa, Buckets of Grace}

Fab & Fine 129: Melissa, Buckets of Grace

Melissa is seriously creative, clever and crafty. No stranger to the glue gun. She is the talent behind the blog Buckets of Grace. She blogs about beautiful party ideas and inspiration for any occasion. She is an amazing and creative party stylist. Unique, brilliant ideas and extremely detailed. Check out the links to her featured parties:) Melissa is a sweet and sunny. Buckets full of crushing on Melissa:)
Deets:
{blog}
{cpn}

Fascinating Melissa trivia:)

• favorite color? Periwinkle

• favorite team? I'm a sports nut! I fall asleep to SportsCenter. It's hard to pick just one. I spent 7 years at UW Madison for undergrad and law school so of course the Badgers, but the Green Bay Packers are almost in my backyard and my family has owned season tickets for 3 generations. Can I pick both?

• if you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Another hard question. I have Celiac Disease so if I could pick one food to eat and it wouldn't make me sick, it would be a really good, authentic plate of pasta. But unless there's a cure in the near future, I'll pick chicken enchiladas with green sauce and a side of chips and salsa.

• party trend you are crushing on? DIY parties. I'm not a professional party planner so I feel a sense of pride for the moms out there who work so hard putting together a well done "Real Party"!

• party trend you are so over? I'm totally with Kim at Party Frosting - the 2x2 parties. When I see these beautifully adorned sweets or favors tables, I just wonder what other substance goes with the party. If it's a kid's party, I can tell you from personal experience that they could care less that your sweets labels coordinate with the invitation and your spacing between glass jars is balanced.

• favorite aisle in the craft store? The ribbon aisle (but the dollar aisle at Target is a close second!)

• do you wear Uggs? Umm, no. I'm not cool enough to pull those off. And, after my husband referred to them as "potatoes for your feet," I've sworn them off.

• do you really exercise? No. Between working full-time, being a full-time mom, teaching my daughter's CCD class, planning my kid's and family members' parties, and attempting to keep my blog up, it just doesn't work in my schedule. And , see my answer above as to the food I'd eat for the rest of my life :)

• minivan or non minivan driving? On my second mini. I swore them off but now my motto is, "Once you go mini, you never go back!"

• favorite holiday? Christmas - Christmas Eve in particular. We celebrate every Christmas Eve at my Grandmother's house, eating lots of food that's not good for you, playing games and acting silly. This year she turned 90 so it is a real special tradition and we are very blessed to be able to celebrate with her!

• favorite smell? Rain on a really hot summer day (yes we do have those in Wisconsin!)

• do you color your hair? No. And my mom is almost 60 and she still does not need to color her hair - I hope I have those genes!

• do you think you’re cool? As cool as a mom of 2 young children from Green Bay, Wisconsin who drives a mini van can be (a.k.a. no.)

2 comments :

mom22 said...

Thank you Kristy for featuring my blog! I am truly honored and humbled.

JC's Loft said...

She is crazy talented!!!!!!

Paula