Thursday, April 8, 2010

super grover in "prisoner of the curly ribbon wreath"





I have been seeing this absolutely fabulous curly ribbon wreath project all over the web. My bbff, Kim, initially sent me over the link and I have been dreaming about it non-stop. I love this idea..Easy and cool....I attempted to follow the excellent tutorial on Embellished Bayou, but I had to make a few adjustments. I could not find the premade curly ribbon bows in my party color palette. Bummer..I wound up buying four colors of the curling ribbon and made my own. I also used a different wreath base than the tutorial shows. I also wound up tying the ribbons around instead of stapling or gluing.

I kind of attached Super Grover to the wreath by taking pieces of the curly ribbon and binding his hands and pulling them tightly. I also tied him around the legs. He appears to be an inmate, or a prisoner of the wreath...I have to laugh, that's funny! I also added some silver star wire garland and a few party blowouts for fun!

It took longer then I thought it would, but it is beyond adorable and the birthday boy was over the moon when he saw it...Worth every second...and every individual ribbon curl I had to make with my scissors:) LOL!

9 comments :

Angie said...

I love this wreath! And S.G. is really workin' it. So cute!

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

I heart this!!! It looks great!!
I can't believe you curled all the ribbon yourself!! ahh..the things we do for our children :)

Unknown said...

you rocked it out girl! ...maybe Grover can get out early for good behavior ;o)

xoxo
Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
party inspiration

Embellished Bayou said...

Totally cute, you did a great job! It was worth all the extra effort!

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate said...

Okay, let's try this comment again...I'm watching survivor and not paying attention.

Sigh...Wow...I <3 you! GREAT idea (even if it is stolen). And I like Embellished Bayou's better than the store orginal but I like yours the best :)

As for Grover, I'm sure he'd prefer being tied down to having a sick up his butt! ER...I mean backside.

Natalia said...

It looks great! I cant waite to see how the party turns out. Good Luck and HAVE FUN:)
p.S take lots of pics!!!!!

TLF said...

That looks fantastic!!

Tiffany@Fizzy Party said...

I am ALL about colour and this screams it. The first thing you see says,THIS is going to be a party to remember. I love that you go the extra mile with the details. A partier after my own heart.